“Men Look Hot When They Cook”
Signature dish by the Master Chef
To proof this saying RAHAGIRI-FOOD presenting you a series on the signature dishes by the famous chefs of India. We will feature the master chefs from the five-star resorts & hotels in the Lifestyle section on our website-www.rahagiri.com
In this series, you will find the authentic & finest recipes which are close to chef’s heart. Here the chefs will share the secret of their mouthwatering preparations.
ITEMS Unit Qty
MUTTON CHUNK KG 1
KIDNEY FAT Gms 200
GINGER GARLIC PASTE Gms 70
RAW PAPAYA PASTE Gms 100
CHILLI POWDER RED Gms 30
YELLOW CHILLI POWDER Gms 20
SALT Gms TO TASTE
ROASTED CHANA POWDER Gms 80
ROSE WATER ML 10
GHEE Gms 30
JAVITRI Gms 5
CRADMON POWDER GREEN Gms 10
KEWRA WATER ML 10
POTLI MASALA Gms 25
SAFFRON Gms 1
CLOVES Gms 4
BROWN ONION PASTE Gms 100
BROWN CASHEW NUTS PASTE Gms 50
PROCESS OF MARINATION:
- Make the fine mince of mutton chunks and kidney fat together.
- Add ginger garlic paste, raw papaya paste, salt and chilli powder into the meat and mix it well. Now, cover the mixture and leave it for an hour.
- To add smoky flavour to the mixture, place it in mixing bowl. Now, make a whole in between the mince and put a small bowl with burning coal pieces in it. For smoke, put cloves and let it start burning. Now add desi ghee on it and cover the entire mixture immediately with a lid.
- After 2 to 3 minute remove lid, discard the bowl and add the ghee, roasted chana powder, brown onion paste, brown cashew paste, javitri, green cardmon powder, saffron, potli masala, rose water and kewra water. Mix it well once again and a pleasant aroma will come out which means your mixture is ready.
PROCESS OF FRYING:
- Now make small patties of the prepared mix and shallow fry in hot ghee.
- Serve the piping hot Galouti Kebab with onion rings, lemon wedges and mint chutney.
By Master Chef Mohd. Sartaj Qureshi, Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi
Mohd. Sarjat Qureshi, Indian Master Chef
Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi
Chef Sartaj Qureshi, a chef with Qureshi blood running from Lucknow who are the only masters of Awadhi cuisine. He
He has enhanced his array of culinary skills further by working in many kitchens of the 5 star hotels in India and abroad, such as Vivanta by Taj and Radisson Blu Hotel to name a few.