About the recipe:
Dhokli nu Shaak is one of famous Kathiyawadi Spicy recipes. This spicy curry is quick and easy to made chickpea recipes. There are many other variant of Dhokli nu shaak like Guvar Dhokli nu shaak, Fansi Dhokli nu shaak, Valor Dhokli nu shaak but here I post simple dhokli nu shaak. This spicy chickpea dumpling curry tastes awesome with rotli and other kathiyawadi dishes.
- 100 gm Chickpea flour
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Carom seeds (Ajwin)
- Pinch of Black Pepper powder
- Water according to requirement
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seed
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 cup Butter milk
- Mix chickpea flour, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds, black pepper powder.
- Add water and mix well. It should be in a batter form. Boil water in a pan or in dhokla maker.
- Grease dish with oil and pour batter on it.
- Put dish on pan and cover it.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from stove and cut into small pieces. keep a side.
- Heat oil in a pan at slow flame.
- Add curry leaves and cumin seeds, asafoetida in it. When it is spluttering, add butter milk in it.
- Also add salt and garam masala cook for 3-4 minutes at slow flame.
- Mix dhokli in it.
- Also cook for 3-4 minutes at slow flame.
- Serve hot.
Chef Debananda Sarkar
- Kathiyawadi, Mexican, Indian , confectionery bakery
WORKING EXPERIENCE: (Total 15years experience )
- Heritage Khirasara Palace, Rajkot
- Holiday Village Resort, Gandhidham
- Grand Cambay, Ahmedabad
- Cambay Sapphire Vejalpur, Ahmedabad
- Chilli Coriander, Gandhinagar
- Flavors Banquet and Restaurant, Ahmedabad